Tri-Cities Orthotics & Prosthetics is proud to announce our Licensed and Certified Orthotists are now offering the STAR Family of Cranial Remolding Orthoses
Orthomerica Products, Inc. is the largest worldwide manufacturer of cranial remolding orthoses used to treat infants with a variety of head shape deformations in infants 3-18 months of age. Since 2001, Orthomerica has successfully treated over 300,000 infants using the STAR Family of Cranial Remolding Orthoses. These custom fabricated orthoses are manufactured under strict quality and safety controls as required for FDA Class II Medical Devices.
STARband clinicians are committed to cranial remolding recommendations for only those infants with moderate to severe deformities. These infants are managed by the interdisciplinary team and treatment recommendations are made based on age, severity, developmental stages, and other factors.
• With over 350,000 infants treated worldwide, the STARband is the most prescribed cranial orthosis to treat infants with skull deformities.
• The STAR Family of designs includes five (5) specialized orthoses that are further customized for each infant.
• There are many peer-reviewed published articles regarding STARband/STARscanner – recent studies are provided upon request.
• Experienced clinicians use the STARband, which allows successful completion of treatment for over 98%+ of all plagiocephaly patients with ONE helmet.
• The STARband has always been designed to allow ongoing clinical adjustments to meet the growth potential of moderate to severe skull deformities. Other cranial designs accommodate only incremental growth and therefore require consecutive helmets to achieve the same outcomes.
• Follow-up visits are scheduled based on the needs of the infant to minimize inconvenience and travel costs to the family. Each infant is unique, as is their cranial care program.
• Parents/payers save thousands of dollars in treatment costs using only one STARband versus multiple helmets from other cranial providers.
• Most craniofacial teams across the country also choose to prescribe the STARband for post-operative craniosynostosis and deformational plagiocephaly. Quite simply, their expertise demands the best!
• Advanced technologies such as the STARscanner® and SmartSoc™ systems capture three-dimensional head shapes and provide detailed anthropometric reports. These reports are used to determine appropriate treatment options and document treatment outcomes.
Available exclusively at Tri-Cities Orthotics & Prosthetics
317 Wellsian Way
Richland, WA 99352
For more information, call (509) 943-8561
Our patient care facilities are all accredited by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics and Pedorthotics, Inc. (ABC). This means we have chosen to have our patient care centers measured against the most rigorous standards in the profession. We have the staff, equipment and expertise that ABC believes are important for the delivery of high quality patient care.